Hey, there welcome to another guide. today in this article I will show you How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord. The step to install TWRP Recovery is very simple and by the end of this guide, you will be successfully able to install TWRP on your OnePlus Nord smartphone.
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of OnePlus Nord.
- This phone comes with a 6.4 inches Full HD Plus AMOLED display.
- OnePlus 8 Pro has a Snapdragon 765G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting OxygenOS on top of Android 10.0 (Q).
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Quad Rear-facing camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP and Dual 32 MP + 8 MP Selfie Camera.
- OnePlus 8 Pro comes with a Non-removable 4115 mAh battery.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on OnePlus Nord
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP Recovery stands for TeamWin Recovery, it’s a Custom Recovery which helps to install third-party firmware, custom ROM, flashing zip file. TWRP gives more features than what you get in Stock Recovery. It’s a touchscreen-based interface which makes the flashing process very easy.
Now before moving to the steps let’s discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of install TWRP custom recovery on your smartphone.
Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord?
- You can easily Root your OnePlus Nord smartphone.
- Once you install TWRP, you can Hard Reset or Wipe your smartphone.
- You can update your phone to the latest Android OS.
- Taking Backup of your Android becomes very easy and straightforward.
- You can install ZIP files or Install Custom ROM on your phone.
Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord?
- Your phone warranty gets void.
- If you flash wrong files or unstable files then your phone will be Bricked.
- You may face some performance issues after installing TWRP.
- Flashing Unstable ROM to OnePlus Nord can make your phone unfunctional.
- You will not get OTA updates from your phone manufacturer.
Related Article: Root OnePlus Nord
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord
So, to install TWRP you need to make sure that you have followed the pre-requirements shown below:
- Download TWRP Recovery Img file to your PC and Rename it to TWRP.img.
- You will need a Laptop or PC for this method.
- Fully charge your OnePlus Nord.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus Nord.
- Take a complete backup of your Android. It will help you to restore files if anything goes wrong.
- This method is only for the OnePlus Nord smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the method of installing TWRP Recovery is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord:
1. First Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus Nord. Go To Setting >> About >> Software >> Build Number and Tap on the build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
2. After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options,>>, and Enable USB Debugging option.
3. Once done now you need to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or PC. Follow the steps shown below.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
4. Connect Your OnePlus Nord to PC via original USB Cable.
5. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
6. Move TWRP.img file to ADB Folder.
7. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
8. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, this command will Reboot your OnePlus Nord to Bootloader Mode. Now type
- Hit Enter, this command will ensure that your phone is properly connected to pc or not.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait till the flashing process completes. Once done type the below command.
9. Now your OnePlus Nord smartphone will Reboot.
10. Congrats 🙂 You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on OnePlus Nord. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Now you have Install TWRP on your phone, you can easily Root your OnePlus Nord.
Related article: Unroot OnePlus Nord
So, I have shown you the complete steps of installing TWRP Recovery. I hope this guide helps you to Install TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers