Hey, there welcome to another guide. Today in this article I will show you How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 10X Pro. The step to install TWRP Recovery is very simple and by the end of this guide, you will be successfully able to install TWRP on your Redmi 10X Pro smartphone.
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of Redmi 10X Pro.
- This phone comes with a 6.5 inches Full HD Plus display.
- Redmi 10X Pro has a MediaTek Dimensity 820 5G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting MIUI 11 on top of Android 10 (Q)
- It has 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Quad Rear-facing camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP and a 20 MP Selfie Camera.
- Redmi 10X Pro comes with a Non-removable 4520 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on Redmi 10X Pro
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP Recovery stands for TeamWin Recovery, it’s a Custom Recovery which helps to install third-party firmware, custom ROM, flashing zip file. TWRP gives more features than what you get in Stock Recovery. It’s a touchscreen-based interface which makes the flashing process very easy.
Now before moving to the steps let’s discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of install TWRP custom recovery on your smartphone.
Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Redmi 10X Pro?
- You can easily Root your Redmi 10X Pro smartphone.
- Once you install TWRP, you can Hard Reset or Wipe your smartphone.
- You can update your phone to the latest Android OS.
- Taking Backup of your Android becomes very easy and straightforward.
- You can install ZIP files or Install Custom ROM on your phone.
Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery on the Redmi 10X Pro?
- Your phone warranty gets void.
- If you flash wrong files or unstable files then your phone will be Bricked.
- You may face some performance issues after installing TWRP.
- Flashing Unstable ROM to Redmi 10X Pro can make your phone unfunctional.
- You will not get OTA updates from your phone manufacturer.
Related Article: Root Redmi 10X Pro
Let’s Install TWRP Recovery on the Redmi 10X Pro
So, to install TWRP you need to make sure that you have followed the pre-requirements shown below:
- Download TWRP Recovery Img file to your PC and Rename it to TWRP.img.
- You will need a Laptop or PC for this method.
- Fully charge your Redmi 10X Pro.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 10X Pro.
- Take a complete backup of your Android. It will help you to restore files if anything goes wrong.
- This method is only for the Redmi 10X Pro smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the method of installing TWRP Recovery is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 10X Pro:
1. First Enable USB Debugging on your Redmi 10X Pro. Go To Setting >> About >> Software >> Build Number and Tap on the build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
2. After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options,>>, and Enable USB Debugging option.
3. Once done now you need to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your Windows or PC. Follow the steps shown below.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
4. Connect Your Redmi 10X Pro to PC via original USB Cable.
5. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
6. Move TWRP.img file to ADB Folder.
7. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
8. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, this command will Reboot your Redmi 10X Pro to Bootloader Mode. Now type
- Hit Enter, this command will ensure that your phone is properly connected to pc or not.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait till the flashing process completes. Once done type the below command.
9. Now your Redmi 10X Pro smartphone will Reboot.
10. Congrats 🙂 You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on the Redmi 10X Pro.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Redmi 10X Pro. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Now you have Install TWRP on your phone, you can easily Root your Redmi 10X Pro.
Related article: Unroot Redmi 10X Pro
So, I have shown you the complete steps of installing TWRP Recovery. I hope this guide helps you to Install TWRP Recovery on the Redmi 10X Pro, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers