Do you want to know how to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi 10X Pro? Then you are in the right place. In this article, I have shown you the complete steps to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi 10X Pro smartphone.
The best part of this method is that it will work on any Xiaomi device running on MIUI. So, let’s jump into the steps on how to unlock the bootloader.
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of Redmi 10X Pro.
- This phone comes with a 6.5 inches Full HD Plus display.
- Redmi 10X Pro has a MediaTek Dimensity 820 5G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting MIUI 11 on top of Android 10 (Q)
- It has 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Quad Rear-facing camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP and a 20 MP Selfie Camera.
- Redmi 10X Pro comes with a Non-removable 4520 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Redmi 10X Pro?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Redmi 10X Pro means gaining administrative access. You have already seen many times when you try to Root your phone, or while Flashing files, you get errors. The reason causing this error is because your phone Bootloader is locked. You need to Unlock it first to Flash files.
Almost all smartphone manufacturer locked there phone bootloader. It’s only because of security. But if you want to extend the boundary of what you can do with your smartphone, unlocking bootloader is the primary step you can take.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 10X Pro (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi 10X Pro?
So, now we know why we need to Unlock the Bootloader. Let’s see some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on Redmi 10X Pro:
- You can Root your smartphone once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Easily change the system files and settings.
- Install Incompatible Apps by rooting your phone.
- You can install a custom ROM or Operating system on your device.
Related Article: Root Redmi 10X Pro
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Redmi 10X Pro?
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will Erase all your data and files.
- Your phone warranty will get void.
- The root can Brick your smartphone.
- You may face problems with OTA Updates.
- Also, you may face Boot Loop problems.
Let’s unlock the bootloader on Redmi 10X Pro
Before you proceed to Unlock your phone. Make sure to charge your Redmi 10X Pro device fully. And also, take a complete backup of your valuable data. As I already mentioned that Unlocking the Bootloader of your phone will wipe out your data.
Also, Make sure that you have connected your Redmi 10X Pro with Mi Account.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
- The first steps are to Enable USB Debugging on Redmi 10X Pro. For that, go to Settings >> About Phone >> Press MIUI Version 5-7 times to enable the Developer options.
- Now again, head over to Settings >> Enable Sync options >> Tap on Mi Cloud >> Scroll down and Turn on Find Device option >> Scroll Up and tap on Sync Details.
- After that, tap on Sync all items. And this will sync all of your items.
- Go back to Settings >> Additional Settings >> then tap on Developer options.
- Now inside Developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging options.
- And then Turn on your mobile data. And remember, you have to Turn on the mobile data from the SIM, which you have created your Mi Account.
- Now tap on Mi Unlock status. And then tap on the Agree button.
- After that, tap on “Add account and device.”
- Make sure that you have a balance on your SIM Card. Avoid warning message on your screen.
- And then Power off your Redmi 10X Pro smartphone.
- Next, Boot your phone into Fastboot mode by pressing the Power Button + Volume Down button simultaneously for 5-6 seconds.
- Once your phone is in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to the PC.
Next, Unlock Procedure
- On your PC, Download Mi Unlock Tool and Extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Now open the Extracted Folder and double tap on miflash_unlock to open it.
- Click on “Agree” Button
- Next Sign in with your Mi Account.
- After that, you will see this type of screen.
- Click on the Unlock button.
- After that, you will get a prompt message. Click on “Unlock anyway.”
- Now the Unlocking process will start to wait till you get the “Unlocked Successfully” message.
- Finally, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Redmi 10X Pro.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Redmi 10X Pro. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
If you get this type of message saying “Couldn’t unlock” after 99%, then don’t panic. It is normal.
You have to wait for 168 hours, which is approximately seven days. After that, again, try the same steps shown above, and now you will be able to unlock the bootloader on the Redmi 10X Pro smartphone.
Related article: How to Unroot Redmi 10X Pro
So, I have shown you the official way of unlocking the bootloader on the Redmi 10X Pro phone. Let me know in the comments if this method worked for you or now. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers