Hey there, in this guide, I will show you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. Samsung recently launched this smartphone, and in this tutorial, I will guide you step by step to Unlock the Bootloader of this smartphone.
As you know, the phone manufacturer locks the bootloader for security concerns. The bootloader is the very first step that you need to Unlock by yourself.
This tutorial is for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
If you want to Install Root, Custom Recovery, or any Custom ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE smartphone, then your phone Bootloader must be unlocked. Here is the complete guide.
- 1 About Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- 2 What is Bootloader Unlock on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
- 3 Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
- 4 Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
- 5 Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- 6 Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
About Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
- This phone comes with a 6.5 inches Full HD plus display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has a Snapdragon 865 chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU.
- We are getting One UI on top of Android 10.
- It has 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Triple Rear-facing camera of 12 MP + 8 MP + 12 MP and a 32 MP Selfie Camera.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE comes with a Non-removable 4500 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
MUST READ – Various Issues on the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE & How to Fix Them
What is Bootloader Unlock on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
Unlocking Bootloader simply means unlocking the lock of your smartphone. It’s security software for your device. Many Smartphone manufacturers lock the Bootloader of their smartphones because of security issues.
As Bootloader will help your phone enter into recovery mode without Unlocking your phone, you cannot boot or install Custom ROM on your smartphone.
But why? The reason behind it is that the official Stock Recovery doe’s not allowed you to alter system partition.
After Unlocking your phone, you can do customization to your Android and much more. There are many advantages as well as Disadvantages of Unlocking the Bootloader. Let’s quickly discuss those points one by one!
- Furthermore, you can Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
There are many advantages to Unlocking Bootloader. Here I have listed some top pro’s of Unlocking Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE:
- You can easily Root your phone after Unlocking Bootloader.
- You can flash Custom ROMs or Recovery on your smartphone.
- Do lots of Customization to your smartphone.
- Easily Flash various Software/firmware to your device.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE?
Let’s discuss the Disadvantages or Cons of Unlocking Bootloader the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE:
- First, the phone Warranty will be lost.
- During flashing, files may Brick your phone.
- You may not receive OTA Updates after unlocking the bootloader of your smartphone.
- You may face errors while using the Google Play store or YouTube.
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Make sure to Take a complete backup of your android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
- This method is only for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Below I have shown you two methods to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Bootloader. I am showing two methods because sometimes you won’t be able to see some of the required options on your device.
So, in that case, you can always prefer the second method this way, you won’t get stuck.
This method is straightforward as you won’t require a PC/Laptop to perform the steps. All the steps can be performed within the device itself.
- First, backup the Android device completely.
- Enable the Developer Options on your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE device.
- Go to the phone Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom part and tap on About Phone → tap on Build Number 7 times continuously.
- Now, Go back to the main Settings menu again and scroll down.
- Tap on the Developer options → enable “OEM Unlocking” option.
- All done. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE!
If you cannot see the “OEM Unlock” option on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, you can follow the below steps.
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next, Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
// Source: xda-developers.com
2. Connect Your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE to your PC via the original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder. It will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter, as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done on the Command Window, type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlock Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. Now you can Root your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related article: Unroot Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking the Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not.
Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers