Today in this guide, I will show you how to install Custom ROM On Redmi 10X Pro smartphone. In this article, I have shown you the easiest method to Install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery. The steps are very simple and straightforward. You need to follow every step carefully.
Before going through steps, let’s take a look at the specification of Redmi 10X Pro:
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of Redmi 10X Pro.
- This phone comes with a 6.5 inches Full HD Plus display.
- Redmi 10X Pro has a MediaTek Dimensity 820 5G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting MIUI 11 on top of Android 10 (Q)
- It has 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Quad Rear-facing camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP and a 20 MP Selfie Camera.
- Redmi 10X Pro comes with a Non-removable 4520 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on Redmi 10X Pro
What is Custom ROM?
A Custom ROM is an unofficial version of the OS which is developed by community and developers. In Custom ROM, the developers add extra new features that are not found in Stock ROM. Android is an open-source OS by Google, so the developers take the source code, and they do lots of customizations to make the ROM best.
As this ROM is custom made, that’s why it is known as Custom ROM or Custom Firmware. The best part of the Custom ROM is that it allows you to experience the latest Android OS even if the most recent OS is not available for your device.
Advantages of installing Custom ROM on the Redmi 10X Pro device
If you want to know what are the benefits of installing Custom ROM, then here are some of the top advantages:
- You can enjoy the latest Android OS, without waiting for OTA.
- By installing Custom ROM, you will get rid of Bloatware.
- You will get rid of Ads.
- Custom ROM gives you extra features along with a new user interface.
- You can Modify the Look of your Android. Customize it as you like.
- It will provide you with Unique Experience.
Disadvantages of installing Custom ROM on the Redmi 10X Pro Phone
The above points are tempting right, but there are various disadvantages that you must know before installing Custom ROM:
- Instaling, a Custom ROM will void your warranty.
- There are chances of bricking your device.
- If you install, Unstable ROM may affect device performance.
- Unstable ROM will affect the performance of the phone.
- You can not use Banking Apps like Paypal, Payoneer, etc..
- There is a Privacy Issue in Custom ROM as third-party developers develop it. But you can always trust xda-developers for downloading Custom ROM.
Let’s Install Custom ROM On the Redmi 10X Pro
Things to remember before you installing Custom ROM on the Redmi 10X Pro Phone:
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 10X Pro.
- You need to have TWRP Recovery on Redmi 10X Pro. Without TWRP, you cannot flash Custom ROM to your Redmi 10X Pro smartphone.
- Also, fully charge your phone.
- You need to Root Redmi 10X Pro.
- Take a full backup of your Android as installing Custom ROM will erase all your data.
- This method is only for the Redmi 10X Pro smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the method of installing Custom ROM is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Install Custom ROM on Redmi 10X Pro
1. First Download Custom ROM for your device. You can download ROM by Google Search.
2. Move the ROM file to your Redmi 10X Pro Internal Storage.
3. Once done, Boot your Redmi 10X Pro to recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Power Button for 5 seconds.
4. Now, you should see something like this.
5. Now, let’s flash the ROM. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Install.
- Locate the ROM that you have just downloaded.
- Select the ROM
- And “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
6. After the installation process completes, clear your cache. Select Dalvik cache and Cache.
7. Then, “Swipe To Wipe.”
8. Finally, Reboot your phone.
9. That’s it 🙂 You have successfully Install Custom ROM on Redmi 10X Pro.
The first Boot may take 5-10 minutes, so please don’t panic. Do not touch your phone till it boots up. Otherwise, it may brick your device.
Related article: Unroot Redmi 10X Pro
So, this a complete step by step guide to Install Custom ROM. I hope this guide helps you to Install Custom ROM on Redmi 10X Pro, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers