Today in this guide, I will show you how to install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 smartphone. In this article, I have shown you the easiest method to Install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery. The steps are very simple and straightforward. You need to follow every step carefully.
Before going through steps, let’s take a look at the specification of the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2:
- 1 About Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
- 2 What is Custom ROM?
- 3 Let’s Install Custom ROM On the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
- 4 Steps To Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
About Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2.
- This phone comes with a 6.7 inches Full HD display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 has an Snapdragon 855+ chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU.
- We are getting One UI on top of Android 11.
- It has 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Triple Rear-facing camera of 64 MP + 12 MP + 5 MP and an 10 MP Selfie Camera.
- Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 comes with a Non-removable 4500 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
What is Custom ROM?
A Custom ROM is an unofficial version of the OS which is developed by the community and developers. In Custom ROM, the developers add extra new features that are not found in Stock ROM. Android is an open-source OS by Google, so the developers take the source code, and they do lots of customizations to make the ROM best.
As this ROM is custom made, that’s why it is known as Custom ROM or Custom Firmware. The best part of the Custom ROM is that it allows you to experience the latest Android OS even if the most recent OS is not available for your device.
Advantages of installing Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 device
If you want to know what are the benefits of installing Custom ROM, then here are some of the top advantages:
- You can enjoy the latest Android OS, without waiting for OTA.
- By installing Custom ROM, you will get rid of Bloatware.
- You will get rid of Ads.
- Custom ROM gives you extra features along with a new user interface.
- You can Modify the Look of your Android. Customize it as you like.
- It will provide you with a Unique Experience.
Must Read – Various Issues on the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 & How to Fix Them
Disadvantages of installing Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 Phone
The above points are tempting right, but there are various disadvantages that you must know before installing Custom ROM:
- Installing, a Custom ROM will void your warranty.
- There are chances of bricking your device.
- If you install, Unstable ROM may affect device performance.
- Unstable ROM will affect the performance of the phone.
- You can not use Banking Apps like PayPal, Payoneer, etc.
- There is a Privacy Issue in Custom ROM as third-party developers develop it. But you can always trust xda-developers for downloading Custom ROM.
Let’s Install Custom ROM On the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
Things to remember before you installing Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 Phone:
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2.
- You need to have TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2. Without TWRP, you cannot flash Custom ROM to your Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 smartphone.
- Also, fully charge your phone.
- You need to Root Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2.
- Take a full backup of your Android as installing Custom ROM will erase all your data.
- This method is only for the Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the method of installing Custom ROM is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
1. First Download Custom ROM for your device. You can download ROM by Google Search.
2. Move the ROM file to your Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 Internal Storage.
3. Once done, Boot your Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 to recovery mode by holding the Volume Up + Power Button for 5 seconds.
4. Now, you should see something like this.
5. Now, let’s flash the ROM. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Install.
- Locate the ROM that you have just downloaded.
- Select the ROM
- And “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
6. After the installation process completes, clear your cache. Select Dalvik cache and Cache.
7. Then, “Swipe To Wipe.”
8. Now let’s Install Gapps. Follow the below steps:
- Download Gapps package
- Go to Install
- Locate the GApps package that you have just downloaded.
- Select the file
- And “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
9. Finally, Reboot your phone.
10. That’s it 🙂 You have successfully Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2.
The first Boot may take 5-10 minutes, so please don’t panic. Do not touch your phone till it boots up. Otherwise, it may brick your device.
Related article: Unroot Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2
So, this a complete step by step guide to Install Custom ROM. I hope this guide helps you to Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you.
Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers