Are you looking for a tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE? If yes, then you have landed in the right place. OnePlus recently launched OnePlus Nord CE, and it comes with decent specs for its price.
Today I will demonstrate complete steps on how to unlock the Bootloader on this device. The best part of this method is that it will work on any OnePlus device running on OxygenOS.
This tutorial is for OnePlus Nord CE smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
- 1 About OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- 2 What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE?
- 3 Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE
- 4 Steps To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus Nord CE
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of the OnePlus Nord CE.
- This phone comes with a 6.4 inches Full HD display.
- OnePlus Nord CE has a Snapdragon 750G 5G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU.
- We are getting OxygenOS 11 on top of Android 11 OS.
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Triple Rear-facing camera of 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP and a 16 MP Selfie Camera.
- OnePlus Nord CE comes with a Non-removable 4500 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
Now before starting this tutorial, I would like to explain in short about Bootloader and why you need to unlock the Bootloader on your phone.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE?
Unlocking Bootloader on the OnePlus Nord CE means gaining administrative access. You have already seen many times when you try to Root your phone, or while Flashing files, you get errors. The reason causing this error is because your phone Bootloader is locked. You need to Unlock it first to Flash files.
Almost all smartphone manufacturer locked there phone bootloader. It’s only because of security. But if you want to extend the boundary of what you can do with your smartphone, unlocking bootloader is the primary step you can take.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord CE (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE?
So, now we know why we need to Unlock the Bootloader. Let’s see some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE:
- You can Root your smartphone once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Easily change the system files and settings.
- Install Incompatible Apps by rooting your phone.
- You can install a custom ROM or Operating system on your device.
Related Article: Root OnePlus Nord CE
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking OnePlus Nord CE?
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will Erase all your data and files.
- Your phone warranty will get void.
- The root can Brick your smartphone.
- You may face problems with OTA Updates.
- Also, you may face Boot Loop problems.
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE
- First Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus Nord CE. Go To Setting > About > Software > Build Number and Tap on the build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
- After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options > and Enable USB Debugging option.
- Make sure to Take complete Backup of your android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your OnePlus Nord CE
- This method is only for the OnePlus Nord CE smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus Nord CE
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
2. Connect your OnePlus Nord CE to PC via original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your OnePlus Nord CE Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on OnePlus Nord CE. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus Nord CE. Now you can Root your OnePlus Nord CE android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related article: Unroot OnePlus Nord CE
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus Nord CE, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not.
Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers