Hey, there in this guide, I will show you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt. This smartphone was recently launched, and in this tutorial, I will guide you step by step to Unlock the Bootloader of this smartphone.
As you know, the phone manufacturer locks the bootloader for security concerns. The bootloader is the very first step that you need to unlock by yourself.
This tutorial is for the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
If you want to Install Root, Custom Recovery, or any Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt smartphone, then your Samsung phone Bootloader must be unlocked. Here is the complete guide.
- 1 What is Bootloader Unlock on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt?
- 2 Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt?
- 3 Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt?
- 4 Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
- 5 Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
- 6 Conclusion
What is Bootloader Unlock on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt?
Unlocking Bootloader simply means unlocking the lock of your smartphone. It’s security software for your device. Many Smartphone manufacturers lock the Bootloader of their smartphones because of security issues.
As Bootloader will help your phone to enter into recovery mode without unlocking your phone, you cannot boot or install a Custom ROM on your smartphone.
But why? The reason behind it is the official Stock Recovery does not allow you to alter system partition.
After unlocking your phone, you can customization to your Android and much more. There are many advantages as well as Disadvantages to Unlocking the Bootloader. Let’s briefly discuss those points one by one!
- Furthermore, you can Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt?
There are many advantages to Unlocking Bootloader on Android. Here I have listed some top pros of Unlocking Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt:
- You can easily Root your phone after Unlocking Bootloader.
- You can flash Custom ROMs or Recovery on your smartphone.
- Do lots of Customization to your smartphone.
- Easily Flash various Software/firmware to your device.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt?
Let’s discuss the Disadvantages or Cons of Unlocking Bootloader the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt:
- First, your phone Warranty will be lost.
- During flashing, files may Brick your phone.
- You may not receive OTA Updates after unlocking the bootloader of your smartphone.
- You may face errors while using the Google Play Store or YouTube.
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
- Make sure to Take a Complete Backup of your Android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
- This method is only for the Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will brick your phone.
Disclaimer: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
Below, I have shown you two methods to Unlock Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt Bootloader. The reason I am showing two methods is sometimes you won’t be able to see some required options on your device.
So, in that case, you can always prefer the second method, this way you won’t get stuck.
This method is basic as you won’t require a PC/Laptop to perform the steps. All the steps can be performed within the device itself.
- First, backup the Android device completely.
- Enable the Developer Options on your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt device.
- Go to the phone Settings menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom part and tap on About Phone → tap on Build Number 7 times continuously.
- Now, Go back to the main Settings menu again and scroll down.
- Tap on the Developer options → to enable “OEM Unlock” option.
- All done. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt!
In case you cannot see the “OEM Unlock” option on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt then you can follow the below steps.
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. Follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool.
- Extract It and Run It.
- Next, Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip.
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide, or N/No for current user only.
- Again, Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip.
- Continue Driver installation.
// Source: xda-developers.com
2. Connect Your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt to PC via original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder, which will be located in this location, C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” in the Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done, on the Command Window, type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to the PC. Next type in:
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt Bootloader. Next type:
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt.
You may also read, how to Install Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt. Now you can root your Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related Guide, how to Unroot Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On Samsung Galaxy J1 Nxt, make sure to leave a comment whether this method works for you or not.
Furthermore, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all your queries of yours as soon as possible.
We’ll see you in the next guide.