Are you looking for a tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro? If yes, then you have landed in the right place. OnePlus recently launched OnePlus 8 Pro, and it comes with decent specs for its price.
This method will work for both OnePlus 8 Pro as well as OnePlus 8.
Today I will demonstrate complete steps on how to unlock the Bootloader on this device. The best part of this method is that it will work on any OnePlus device running on Oxygen OS.
This tutorial is for OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
About OnePlus 8 Pro
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of OnePlus 8 Pro.
- This phone comes with a 6.7 inches Full HD Plus display.
- OnePlus 8 Pro has a Snapdragon 865 chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting OxygenOS on top of Android 10.0 (Q).
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Quad Rear-facing camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 48 MP + 5 MP and 16 MP Selfie Camera.
- OnePlus 8 Pro comes with a Non-removable 4510 mAh battery.
Must Read – Various Issues on the OnePlus 8 Pro & How to Fix Them
Now before starting this tutorial, I would like to explain in short about Bootloader and why you need to unlock the Bootloader on your phone.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro?
Unlocking Bootloader on the OnePlus 8 Pro means gaining administrative access. You have already seen many times when you try to Root your phone, or while Flashing files, you get errors. The reason causing this error is because your phone Bootloader is locked. You need to Unlock it first to Flash files.
Almost all smartphone manufacturer locked there phone bootloader. It’s only because of security. But if you want to extend the boundary of what you can do with your smartphone, unlocking bootloader is the primary step you can take.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro?
So, now we know why we need to Unlock the Bootloader. Let’s see some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro:
- You can Root your smartphone once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Easily change the system files and settings.
- Install Incompatible Apps by rooting your phone.
- You can install a custom ROM or Operating system on your device.
Related Article: Root OnePlus 8 Pro
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking OnePlus 8 Pro?
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will Erase all your data and files.
- Your phone warranty will get void.
- The root can Brick your smartphone.
- You may face problems with OTA Updates.
- Also, you may face Boot Loop problems.
Related – How to Install Stock ROM on OnePlus 8 Pro
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on the OnePlus 8 Pro
- First Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 8 Pro. Go To Setting > About > Software > Build Number and Tap on the build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
- After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options > and Enable USB Debugging option.
- Make sure to Take complete Backup of your android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your OnePlus 8 Pro
- This method is only for the OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 8 Pro
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
2. Connect your OnePlus 8 Pro to PC via original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your OnePlus 8 Pro Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on OnePlus 8 Pro.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on OnePlus 8 Pro. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 8 Pro. Now you can Root your OnePlus 8 Pro android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related article: Unroot OnePlus 8 Pro
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 8 Pro, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers