Are you looking for a guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo F17 Pro? If yes then this guide is for you. In this article, we will use ADB and Fastboot method to unlock the bootloader on this device.
By unlocking the bootloader you can do a lot more tweaks on your Oppo F17 Pro smartphone. Like you can flash Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, Root your phone and much more.
As you know the phone manufacturer’s locks the bootloader for security concerns. The bootloader is the very first step that you need to Unlock it by yourself.
This tutorial is for Oppo F17 Pro smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of Oppo F17 Pro.
- This phone comes with a 6.4 inches Full HD Plus AMOLED display.
- Oppo F17 Pro has a Mediatek Helio P95 chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting ColorOS on top of Android 10 (Q).
- It has 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Quad Rear-facing camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP and Dual 16 MP + 2 MP Selfie Camera.
- Oppo F17 Pro comes with a Non-removable 4000 mAh battery.
Now before starting this tutorial, I would like to explain in short about Bootloader and why you need to unlock the Bootloader on your phone.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Oppo F17 Pro?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Oppo F17 Pro means gaining administrative access. You have already seen many times when you try to Root your phone, or while Flashing files, you get errors. The reason causing this error is because your phone Bootloader is locked. You need to Unlock it first to Flash files.
Almost all smartphone manufacturer locked there phone bootloader. It’s only because of security. But if you want to extend the boundary of what you can do with your smartphone, unlocking bootloader is the primary step you can take.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo F17 Pro (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Oppo F17 Pro?
So, now we know why we need to Unlock the Bootloader. Let’s see some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on Oppo F17 Pro:
- You can Root your smartphone once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Easily change the system files and settings.
- Install Incompatible Apps by rooting your phone.
- You can install a custom ROM or Operating system on your device.
Related Article: Root Oppo F17 Pro
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Oppo F17 Pro?
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will Erase all your data and files.
- Your phone warranty will get void.
- The root can Brick your smartphone.
- You may face problems with OTA Updates.
- Also, you may face Boot Loop problems.
Related – How to Install Stock ROM on Oppo F17 Pro
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on the Oppo F17 Pro
- First Enable USB Debugging on your Oppo F17 Pro. Go To Setting > About > Software > Build Number and Tap on the build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
- After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options > and Enable USB Debugging option.
- Make sure to Take complete Backup of your android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your Oppo F17 Pro
- This method is only for the Oppo F17 Pro smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Oppo F17 Pro
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
2. Connect your Oppo F17 Pro to PC via original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your Oppo F17 Pro Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on Oppo F17 Pro.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Oppo F17 Pro. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlock Bootloader On Oppo F17 Pro. Now you can Root your Oppo F17 Pro android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related article: Unroot Oppo F17 Pro
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On Oppo F17 Pro, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers