Hey, there in this guide, I will show you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader On ZTE Blade 20. This smartphone was recently launched, and in this tutorial, I will guide you step by step to Unlock Bootloader of this smartphone.
If you want to Install Root, Custom Recovery or any Custom ROM on ZTE Blade 20 smartphone, then your phone Bootloader must be unlocked. Here is the complete guide.
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of ZTE Blade 20.
- This phone comes with a 6.49 inches HD plus display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- ZTE Blade 20 has Mediatek Helio P70 chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting Nubia UI on top of Android 9.0 (Pie)
- It has 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Triple Rear-facing camera of 16 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP and an 8 MP Selfie Camera.
- ZTE Blade 20 comes with a Non-removable 5000 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
Must Read: Install Stock ROM on ZTE Blade 20
What is Bootloader Unlock on ZTE Blade 20?
Unlocking Bootloader simply means unlocking the lock of your smartphone. It’s security software for your device. Many Smartphone manufacturers lock the Bootloader of their smartphones because of security issues. As Bootloader will help your phone to enter into recovery mode without Unlocking your phone, you cannot boot or install Custom ROM on your smartphone.
But why? The reason behind it is the official Stock Recovery doe’s not allowed you to the altering system partition.
After Unlocking your phone, you can do customization to your Android and much more. There are many advantages as well as Disadvantages of Unlocking the Bootloader. Let’s quickly discuss those points one by one!
- Furthermore, you can Install TWRP Recovery on ZTE Blade 20 (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on ZTE Blade 20?
There are many advantages to Unlocking Bootloader. Here I have listed some top pro’s of Unlocking Bootloader on the ZTE Blade 20:
- You can easily Root your phone after Unlocking Bootloader.
- You can flash Custom ROMs or Recovery on your smartphone.
- Do lot’s of Customization to your smartphone.
- Easily Flash various Software/firmware to your device.
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader the ZTE Blade 20?
Let’s discuss the Disadvantages or Cons of Unlocking Bootloader the ZTE Blade 20:
- First, your phone Warranty will be lost.
- During flashing, files may Brick your phone.
- You may not receive OTA Updates after unlocking the bootloader of your smartphone.
- You may face error while using the Google Play store or YouTube.
Related Article: Root ZTE Blade 20
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on ZTE Blade 20
- First Enable USB Debugging on your ZTE Blade 20. Go To Setting >> About >> Software >> Build Number and Tap on the build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
- After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options,>>, and Enable USB Debugging option.
- Make sure to Take complete Backup of your android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your ZTE Blade 20
- This method is only for the ZTE Blade 20 smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On ZTE Blade 20
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current user only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
2. Connect Your ZTE Blade 20 to PC via original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your ZTE Blade 20 Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on ZTE Blade 20.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on ZTE Blade 20. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlock Bootloader On ZTE Blade 20. Now you can Root your ZTE Blade 20 android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery and much more!
Related article: Unroot ZTE Blade 20
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On ZTE Blade 20, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not. Also, share your valuable feedback and queries on the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers