Looking to Unroot your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G device and restore the stock firmware? This comprehensive guide details five simple methods to help remove root access and revert back to an unrooted state.
Unrooting allows reversing any customizations made possible by root, often required before sending a phone in for warranty service. It can also fix problems caused by outdated root software.
We walk through each step-by-step unrooting method with caution to avoid bricking or data loss. Whether you have an unofficial ROM installed or just want to remove Magisk root, our instructions work on any rooted Xiaomi phone, including the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G.
Read on to restore your phone’s out-of-the-box software securely.
- 1 Why to Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G?
- 2 Let’s Unroot the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Android Phone
- 3 Conclusion
Why to Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G?
Root access allows low-level customizations on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G. However, it can cause stability issues over time: app crashes, battery drain, UI lag from conflicts between root software and MIUI/ HyperOS system files are common.
In addition, many apps like mobile banking include security checks that prevent them from working on rooted devices.
- Improve general performance and phone responsiveness by removing outdated or insecure root packages causing conflicts.
- Restore compatibility with essential apps that require passing root checks before enabling access.
- Meet warranty requirements that void service for software-modified devices.
Therefore, if you encounter device issues after Rooting your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G device, unrooting may often provide a solution by restoring the original stable software configuration of the OS.
Advantages of Unrooting the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
- Once you have Unrooted your Android, you will be able to use banking apps.
- You will get back your phone, Warranty.
- All the Google Apps will work on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G without any issue.
- You can now receive OTA Updates.
Let’s Unroot the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Android Phone
Before we proceed to Unroot your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G smartphone. Make sure to follow the essential points before moving to the steps:
- Make sure your phone has a good Internet connection.
- Fully charge your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G phone.
- Some methods require a PC, so you must have a PC/ Laptop with you.
- Only use an original USB cable to connect your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G phone to the PC.
- This guide is only for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G smartphone. Please do not try this on any other android phone.
Disclaimer: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unrooting process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G By Magisk: METHOD 1
- First, make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Now open the Magisk App from the app screen.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” button, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you will get a pop-up dialog box, select the “Complete Uninstall” button.
- Wait for a few minutes
- That’s it. You have successfully unrooted your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G android phone.
Also Read: Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G By SuperSU: METHOD 2
- First Open the SuperSU app from the app screen.
- Now Go to Settings.
- Select the Full unroot option.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G will reboot.
- And Congrats, you have completed the Unrooting process.
Also Read: Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G With KingoRoot App: METHOD 3
- Make sure your phone has a stable Internet connection.
- Download and Install KingoRoot App.
- Launch the “SuperUser App” from the app screen.
- Now you need to update Kingo SuperUser to the latest version.
- Once done, tap on the three dots that are located at the right top of the Kingo SuperUser App.
- Select the “Remove Root” option.
- Wait for the process completes, and then your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G will reboot.
- You have successfully unrooted the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G smartphone.
Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Using PC: METHOD 4
- First download KingoRoot PC software and install it.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G device to a PC/ Laptop using an original USB cable.
- Double-click on the KingoRoot application to launch it.
- Now select the “Remove Root” option.
- The process may take around take 3 to 5 minutes to complete. Please do not remove the USB cable to let the process complete successfully.
- Once the process completes, you will see this message, “Remove ROOT Succeeded!”.
- That’s it. You have successfully Removed Root from your Xiaomi device.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Unroot Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G Via KingRoot App: METHOD 5
- First, download KingRoot App on your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G phone.
- Install it and open the app, tap on the “Setting” option.
- Tap on the “Uninstall Kingroot” button.
- Now you will get a popup dialog, tap on “Continue.”
- That’s it. You have unrooted your device.
Now that you have successfully unrooted your phone. You want to check whether the phone is unrooted or not. Follow the below steps:
- Download Root Checker App from Google Play Store.
- Open the app.
- Click on “Verify Root.”
- You will get a message “Root Access Not Found”. That means you have successfully unrooted your phone.
In summary, we have provided 5 methods to Unroot your Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G device, which should suit different user skill levels. If any issues are faced while following the step-by-step guides, please comment with details of the problem so we can assist with troubleshooting.
Reverting to the stock stable firmware should improve stability, compatibility and meet warranty requirements if necessary. Please let us know if you have any other feedback or questions. We hope unrooting goes smoothly and look forward to helping with future software modifications.