Are you looking for a tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3? If yes, then you have landed in the right place. Asus recently launched Asus ROG Phone 3, and it comes with decent specs for its price.
Today I will demonstrate complete steps on how to unlock the Bootloader on this device. The best part of this method is that it will work on any Asus device running on ROG UI.
This tutorial is for Asus ROG Phone 3 smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
- 1 About Asus ROG Phone 3
- 2 What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3?
- 3 Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3?
- 4 Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Asus ROG Phone 3?
- 5 Let’s unlock the bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3
- 6 Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of the Asus ROG Phone 3.
- This phone comes with a 6.5 inches Full HD display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
- Asus ROG Phone 3 has a Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU.
- We are getting ROG UI on top of Android 10 OS.
- It has 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Triple Rear-facing camera of 64 MP + 13 MP + 5 MP and a 24 MP Selfie Camera.
- Asus ROG Phone 3 comes with a Non-removable 6000 mAh battery, which also supports Fast Battery Charging.
Now before starting this tutorial, I would like to explain in short about Bootloader and why you need to unlock the Bootloader on your phone.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Asus ROG Phone 3 means gaining administrative access. You have already seen many times when you try to Root your phone, or while Flashing files, you get errors. The reason causing this error is because your phone Bootloader is locked. You need to Unlock it first to Flash files.
Almost all smartphone manufacturers locked their phone bootloader. It’s only because of security. But if you want to extend the boundary of what you can do with your smartphone, unlocking the bootloader is the primary step you can take.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 3 (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3?
So, now we know why we need to Unlock the Bootloader. Let’s see some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3:
- You can Root your smartphone once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Easily change the system files and settings.
- Install Incompatible Apps by rooting your phone.
- You can install a custom ROM or Operating system on your device.
Related Article: Root Asus ROG Phone 3
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Asus ROG Phone 3?
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will Erase all your data and files.
- Your phone warranty will get void.
- The root can Brick your smartphone.
- You may face problems with OTA Updates.
- Also, you may face Boot Loop problems.
Must Read – Stock ROM Installation on Asus ROG Phone 3
Let’s unlock the bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3
Before you unlock your phone, make sure to charge your Asus ROG Phone 3 device fully. And also, take a complete backup of your valuable data. As I already mentioned that Unlocking the Bootloader of your phone will wipe out your data.
- Make sure to Take a complete backup of Asus ROG Phone 3 as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your Asus ROG Phone 3.
- This method is only for the Asus ROG Phone 3 smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3
You can follow the below steps to Unlock the Bootloader on Asus ROG Phone 3.
- Go to Settings > System > About Phone > Check your Software version.
- Download the Bootloader Unlock tool app. (NOTE:- Asus Unlock tool app file May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
- To Install the app, you need to enable the “Unknown Sources” option.
- Open the app and agree with all Terms & Conditions.
- Next, Scroll down and Again press “Agree.”
- Furthermore, Tap on the “PRESS TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER” button.
- Once done, your device will Restart, and your Asus ROG Phone 3 bootloader will be unlocked.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Asus ROG Phone 3. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlock Bootloader On Asus ROG Phone 3. Now you can Root your Asus ROG Phone 3 android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related article: Unroot Asus ROG Phone 3
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking the Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On Asus ROG Phone 3. Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not.
Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all the queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers