If you own a Nothing Phone 1, then you know that it’s one of the most unique Android devices on the market. With its stripped-down interface and lack of features, the Nothing Phone 1 is perfect for installing custom ROMs and tweaking your phone to your liking.
Today we’re going to show you how to Install Custom ROM on Nothing Phone 1 in the easiest way possible. Before going through the steps, let’s take a look at the specification of Nothing Phone 1:
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of the Nothing Phone 1.
- This phone comes with a 6.55 inches Full HD Plus OLED display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Nothing Phone 1 has a Snapdragon 778G+ 5G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting Nothing OS on top of Android 12.
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Dual Rear-facing camera of 50 MP + 50 MP and a 16 MP Selfie Camera.
- Nothing Phone 1 comes with a Non-removable 4500 mAh battery which also supports Fast charging at 33W.
- This device comes with all the required sensors including Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, and compass.
Related Article: Install Stock ROM on Nothing Phone 1
What is Custom ROM?
A Custom ROM is an unofficial version of the OS which is developed by the community and developers. In Custom ROM, the developers add extra new features that are not found in Stock ROM.
Android is an open-source OS by Google, so the developers take the source code, and do lots of customizations to make the ROM the best.
As this ROM is custom made, that’s why it is known as Custom ROM or Custom Firmware. The best part of the Custom ROM is that it allows you to experience the latest Android OS even if the most recent OS is not available for your device.
Advantages of installing Custom ROM on the Nothing Phone 1 device
If you want to know what are the benefits of installing Custom ROM, then here are some of the top advantages:
- You can enjoy the latest Android OS, without waiting for OTA.
- By installing Custom ROM, you will get rid of Bloatware.
- You will get rid of Ads.
- Custom ROM gives you extra features along with a new user interface.
- You can Modify the Look of your Android. Customize it as you like.
- It will provide you with a Unique Experience.
Disadvantages of installing Custom ROM on the Nothing Phone 1 Phone
The above points are tempting right, but there are various disadvantages that you must know before installing Custom ROM:
- Instaling, a Custom ROM will void your warranty.
- There are chances of bricking your device.
- If you install, Unstable ROM may affect device performance.
- Unstable ROM will affect the performance of the phone.
- You can not use Banking Apps like Paypal, Payoneer, etc.
- There is a Privacy Issue in Custom ROM as third-party developers develop it. But you can always trust xda-developers for downloading Custom ROM.
Let’s Install Custom ROM On the Nothing Phone 1
Things to remember before you install Custom ROM on the Nothing Phone 1 Phone:
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader On Nothing Phone 1.
- You need to have TWRP Recovery on Nothing Phone 1. Without TWRP, you cannot flash Custom ROM to your Nothing Phone 1 smartphone.
- Also, fully charge your phone.
- You need to Root Nothing Phone 1.
- Take a full backup of your Android as installing Custom ROM will erase all your data.
- This method is only for the Nothing Phone 1 smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the method of installing Custom ROM is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Install Custom ROM on Nothing Phone 1
1. First Download Custom ROM for your device. You can download ROM by Google Search.
2. Move the ROM file to your Nothing Phone 1 Internal Storage.
3. Once done, Boot your Nothing Phone 1 to recovery mode by holding Volume Up + Power Button for 5 seconds.
4. Now, you should see something like this.
5. Now, let’s flash the ROM. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Install.
- Locate the ROM that you have just downloaded.
- Select the ROM
- And “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
6. After the installation process completes, clear your cache. Select Dalvik cache and Cache.
7. Then, “Swipe To Wipe.”
8. Finally, Reboot your phone.
9. That’s it 🙂 You have successfully installed Custom ROM on Nothing Phone 1.
The first Boot may take 5-10 minutes, so please don’t panic. Do not touch your phone till it boots up. Otherwise, it may brick your device.
Related article: Unroot Nothing Phone 1
So, this is a complete step-by-step guide to Install Custom ROM. I hope this guide helps you to Install Custom ROM on Nothing Phone 1, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you.
Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all your queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers