Are you looking for a tutorial on How to Unlock Bootloader on Nothing Phone 1? If yes, then you have landed in the right place. Nothing recently launched Nothing Phone 1, and it comes with decent specs for its price.
Today I will demonstrate complete steps on how to unlock the Bootloader on this device. The best part of this method is that it will work on any Nothing device running on Nothing OS.
This tutorial is for Nothing Phone 1 smartphone, and please do not try the below steps on any other smartphone. This can lead to serious problems for your smartphone.
- 1 About Nothing Phone 1
- 2 What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Nothing Phone 1?
- 3 Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on Nothing Phone 1
- 4 Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Nothing Phone 1
About Nothing Phone 1
Let’s have a quick look at the key specifications of the Nothing Phone 1.
- This phone comes with a 6.55 inches Full HD Plus OLED display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Nothing Phone 1 has a Snapdragon 778G+ 5G chipset. It’s an Octa-core CPU
- We are getting Nothing OS on top of Android 12.
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage.
- Talking about the Camera, we get a Dual Rear-facing camera of 50 MP + 50 MP and a 16 MP Selfie Camera.
- Nothing Phone 1 comes with a Non-removable 4500 mAh battery which also supports Fast charging at 33W.
- This device comes with all the required sensors including Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, and compass.
Must Read – Various Issues on the Nothing Phone 1 & How to Fix Them
Now before starting this tutorial, I would like to explain in short about the Bootloader and why you need to unlock the Bootloader on your phone.
What is Unlock Bootloader? Unlocking bootloader on Nothing Phone 1?
Unlocking Bootloader on the Nothing Phone 1 means gaining administrative access. You have already seen many times when you try to Root your phone, or while Flashing files, you get errors. The reason causing this error is that your phone’s Bootloader is locked. You need to Unlock it first to Flash files.
Almost all smartphone manufacturers locked their phone bootloaders. It’s only because of security. But if you want to extend the boundary of what you can do with your smartphone, unlocking the bootloader is the primary step you can take.
- For Further Assistance Read, Install TWRP Recovery on Nothing Phone 1 (TWRP File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
Pro’s or Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader on Nothing Phone 1?
So, now we know why we need to Unlock the Bootloader. Let’s see some benefits of unlocking the bootloader on Nothing Phone 1:
- You can Root your smartphone once the bootloader is unlocked.
- Also, you can flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Easily change the system files and settings.
- Install Incompatible Apps by rooting your phone.
- You can install a custom ROM or Operating system on your device.
Related Article: Root Nothing Phone 1
Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking Nothing Phone 1?
- Unlocking the bootloader of your phone will Erase all your data and files.
- Your phone warranty will get void.
- The root can Brick your smartphone.
- You may face problems with OTA Updates.
- Also, you may face Boot Loop problems.
Related – How to Install Stock ROM on Nothing Phone 1
Let’s Unlock the Bootloader on Nothing Phone 1
- First Enable USB Debugging on your Nothing Phone 1. Go To Setting > About > Software > Build Number and Tap on build 6-7 Times so that Developer mode will turn on.
- After that, Go Back to Settings Tab and Go to Developer Options > and Enable USB Debugging option.
- Make sure to Take a complete backup of your android as unlocking Bootloader will erase all your data from your device.
- Fully charge your Nothing Phone 1
- This method is only for the Nothing Phone 1 smartphone. Please do not try this method on any other smartphone. Otherwise, it will Brick your phone.
Warning: All the tutorials/ guides shown in this blog are not tested for each and every smartphone. As the Unlocking process is almost the same for every smartphone.
If anything happens to your smartphone RootingSteps.com is not responsible for loss and damage to your smartphone. Try these methods with your own risk!
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Nothing Phone 1
1. First Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC/Laptop. follow the below steps:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Extract It and Run It
- Next Press Y/Yes to install ADB and Fastboot or N/No to skip
- Press Y/Yes to install ADB system-wide or N/No for current users only
- Again Press Y/Yes to install Drivers or N/No to skip
- Continue Driver installation
2. Connect your Nothing Phone 1 to PC via the original USB Cable.
3. Open the ADB folder which will be located in this location C:\adb.
4. Now open CMD by typing “cmd” on Address Bar and Hit Enter as shown in the screenshot below.
5. Once done on the Command Window type the following commands.
- Hit Enter, and you will see some random string that means your phone is connected successfully to pc. Next type in
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, This command will unlock your Nothing Phone 1 Bootloader. Next type
- This will reboot your phone.
6. Congratulations! You have successfully Unlocked Bootloader on Nothing Phone 1.
Related: How to Install Custom ROM on Nothing Phone 1. (Custom ROM File May Or May Not Be available as per the development)
With the help of these five simple steps, we have successfully Unlocked Bootloader On Nothing Phone 1. Now you can Root your Nothing Phone 1 android phone, Install Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, and much more!
Related article: Unroot Nothing Phone 1
So, I have shown you the complete process of Unlocking the Bootloader. I hope this guide helps you to Unlock Bootloader On Nothing Phone 1, Make sure to leave a comment if this method works for you or not.
Also, share your valuable feedback and queries in the comment section. I will try my best to solve all your queries of yours as soon as possible.
See you in the next guide 🙂 Cheers